Fun with Deadbase

DesertDead

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Okie dokie, artichokies...

That was fun and I appreciate those that jumped in to add to the fun.  I Know You Rider will never mean the same to those of us brave enough to battle the evidence which is Deadbase.

That last question led us to Not Fade Away (Joel’s guess).  A song that holds a similar honor, this one about continuity:  Not Fade Away is the song that was played the most years in a row, played live in every year from 1968 through to 1995.  

No other song achieved such consistent permanency with the playlist.  Not Fade Away would have some company, but for a year here and there, several not being played in 1975.  Not Fade Away did exactly that.

Side note:  do others also view NFA as a Bobby song, even though it really is a “both” (“many”)?

Ok, here is our next topic for a diversion from reality for those of us opposed to it whenever we get the chance...

There are 11 songs that were first played before 1975 that were played every single year from when they debuted to 1995.  Again, this number would be a bit bigger but for 1975 - these 11 songs were played in that year, too.

7 Jerry tunes

4 Bobby

1.  All debuted before 1975

2.  All played every year from their debut through to 1995

3.  11 total

I’ll update the list as we go.  Captain Obvious says NO Deadbase and NO Internet!

Go

• Forum MVP

I'll guess at 5:

Big River

Sugar Mags

Johnny B Goode

Saturday Night

US Blues

I can;t think of any year long lulls in any of the 8 songs Tea and I have suggested, and they obviously all debuted prior to '75....but were all of those played in '75?? 🤔

Alas, between me and Tea something already doesn't add up because we've submitted 6 Bobby tunes and the rules said there are only 4.  😛

I’m gonna guess:

Deal

One More Saturday night

Sugar Magnolia
Eyes of the World

Sugaree 😁

I’m not really good with long hiatuses songs have taken, but I started putting a list together and like how these look 😇

• Forum MVP

Truckin’ (1970) skipped 1976.

MAMU (1966) skipped 1968 and 1976.

John B. Goode (1969) skipped 1970.

But NOW, we have knocked out a bunch...

1.  Eyes of the World (1973).  Tea.

2.  Big River (1971).  John.
3.  Sugar Magnolia (1970).  John.  

4.  One More Saturday Night (1971).  John.

5.  US Blues (1974).  John.  

6.  Deal (1971).  Hardpan.  

7.  Sugaree (1971).  Hardpan.  
8.  Peggy-O (1973).  Fucking Greg with the pull!

11 - 8 = 3 more.  2 Jer, 1 Bobby.

Most of the low hanging fruit is gone now.  Set the tube down and knock this out, oh, scholars of the Stealie.

• Forum MVP
17 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Baby blue, again?

Greg, you are now in the penalty box until you finish reading my Baby Blue essay.  🤣

Baby Blue disappeared for lots of time. 

Just now, Tea said:

GDTRFB

I think that was a bust out spring '80 as an encore due to Healy's father having died. So it was gone for a while

• Forum MVP
41 minutes ago, sml said:

The Other One

The third most played song (with lyrics) behind MAMU and Sugar Magnolia (594), The Other One was first played on October 22, 1967.  It would be played 582 more times after that.

But never in 1975.

4 minutes ago, John A said:

Ok, so GDTRFB was just a quasi bust out Spring '80. 😊

I'll guess Around & Around for the Bobby, and Brown-Eyed Women for the Jerry.

Now it’s all on Jerry.  1 more to go.

Bobby first led the Band through Around and Around in 1970.  

Nice pull, John.

B.E. Women would have easily made this exclusive club, if it wasn’t for that confounded 1975.

Loser

8 hours ago, Hardpan said:

I’m gonna guess:

Deal

One More Saturday night

Sugar Magnolia
Eyes of the World

Sugaree 😁

I’m not really good with long hiatuses songs have taken, but I started putting a list together and like how these look 😇

I only reused Tea and John A’s answers to stylishly create this vertical acronym, you guys gotta have your coffee 😛

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, joel said:

Ok so 1 Jerry sings left ?  Did I get that part right at least haha ?  Without looking up anything I'm guessibg, and it may be too recent ...

Staggar Lee. ? 

Yes, you got that first part right.

But Stagger Lee immediately goes into the “no” pile due to it being introduced in 1978.  Then, to make matters worse, it was not played in 1980, 1981, 1983, and 1984.  But I’ve never seen a bad show that had a Stagger Lee, if it helps.  

4 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Morning Dew 

Good guess.  Morning Dew (1967) is yet another victim of 1975.  

4 hours ago, Hardpan said:

Loser

I only reused Tea and John A’s answers to stylishly create this vertical acronym, you guys gotta have your coffee 😛

I thought for a moment that you were calling me a Loser for not catching your tricky acronym, haha!  Note to self:  keep your eyes open when Hardpan is on the scene.  😝

Loser (1971) is a guess that I expected, but like so many others, it was not played in 1975.

The game continues...

Archived