Songs you wish the dead would have covered

Rude

• Forum MVP

Caught a show in RFK, early nineties. Coming out of space, they started the John Denver tune, Take me home, Country Road.’ They all kinda looked at each other then put it back down, almost like no one knew the words so they couldn’t pull it off. Woulda been a classic if that had happened. 

• Forum MVP

St. Stephen 🙃

Although I did get one of the 83 shows in Cincinnati a couple of years back created by Dark Star Orchestra and an elective one at Frontier field and also a 1976 recreation in Colorado.  

But, alas none from The Grateful Dead darn it.  I tried and tried to be there as much as possible just in case it came down.

• Haha (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

No Quarter offers lots of room for stylistic interpretation. "Close the door, turn off the lights.." 

saw Jrad do a no quarter jam in the middle of something 

• Forum MVP

Teach Your Children - Jerry already played pedal steel on this one 😁

Love the One You're With  - not sure if this one got played live when Stephen Still sat it.  Cant remember 😵

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
On 8/15/2020 at 11:48 PM, Greg from Chestertown said:

Gotta be some Steely Dan that would work. Early stuff like show biz kids or My Old school, maybe something off of Aja? Josie? 

King of the world? Don't take me alive?

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Gratefullylaxin said:

without a doubt...Jerry doing While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I picture this often and it is awesome!!!!!

Oh yeah - we have a winner!  That would have been awesome indeed.

Much as I love Steely Dan, I can;t see The Dead touching any of it.  Too slick foe their tastes. The beauty of it, though, is that it's slick in the best of ways.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

I still think eastbound and down would work well as an outlaw country combo. 

theres thirsty people in Atlanta and there’s beer in Texarkana. We gonna bring it back no matter what it takes. 

We gotta dodge then we gotta duckem we gotta keep that diesel truckin.  

in the guitar solo in the song there’s so much room for Jerry to play. Plus the fast bluegrass style would work great for Jerry to play while Bobby sings. Jerry could have played banjo then switched to guitar.