2022 Fall Tour is up!

Tea
Message added by Rude,

5-BDAA9-F0-16-E9-41-C1-9900-57-EBE22890-

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Wharf Rat Stu said:

Hmmmm, no Georgia Dates? 

Hardly surprised after the Thanksgiving shows last year in Atlanta, Skip actually gave the crowd a homework assignment to all in attendance to bring 4 or 5 friends to the next nights' show!

Huge dance space at that pair.

Praise DSO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
23 minutes ago, Dead duck said:

That brown county venue is a nice little spot in the forestry. Saw Bobby and wolf bros there. Seated but didn’t hassle you for dancing in the aisles. Will try and add that to Chicago/St. Louis trip

Website says brown county music center Nashville TN tho so maybe I don’t know what I’m talking aboot 😆🤣

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I’m leaving out Thursday night for Richmond Friday night show! Should get there at the midnight hour💫. Bringing a friend I visited in 2014 in California. Looking forward to shaking these bones! It’s been too long…. Been tied down to my business. Two kids in college  is tough! Who will be there??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
3 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

I’m leaving out Thursday night for Richmond Friday night show! Should get there at the midnight hour💫. Bringing a friend I visited in 2014 in California. Looking forward to shaking these bones! It’s been too long…. Been tied down to my business. Two kids in college  is tough! Who will be there??

Gotta miss it for a good cause ❤️  🎵 You gonna wait till the stars come out 🎵

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I was just thinking about the struggle when they left chicago and hit the road for several years playing before very small crowds. They crashed on peoples couches in towns and struggled to put gas in the tank. They had a dream to play Grateful Dead and it took years to build it up where they could make a bit of money. I’ve been to several  50-100  people shows and know people like Chuck have been to shows with 10 people or less way back in the day. I’m sure there were times they thought about hanging it up but kept on and now take care of their families touring.  It’s nice they have runs like Jamaica where they can make their nut. I like it for the band when they sell out 2000 people. I also enjoy it for myself when there are 300 peeps but that won’t pay their bills. 

Cheers DSO. Here’s to another 25. In 16 years maybe my little guy takes off with some buddies for a summer tour. Prob he will chase skirts at EDM fests which seem to be very visually appealing. Well I don’t think you could call it chasing skirts b/c girls don’t wear that much clothing. Maybe chasing thongs would be more accurate at EDM shows. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Weather forecast for Sunday show in Wilmington, De. ; Sunny and a high of 37. Better bust out the hippie winter attire. I’m predicting that more than 37 will be high by show time. Looking forward to it. Crazy random separate ticket purchases have me sitting next to my nephew and his wife. (Her first show). I believe the last time they played the Grand, John K. Was with them. , had my head in the speaker for his solo on Stella. Such a small venue would be great for some acoustic.  We never did get those two acoustic shows at the Hamilton in DC., early victim of COVID. Just saying. Wouldn’t that be nice?