Random thoughts and randomness in general

Rude

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

I tell you what,  the weather this past weekend for the Hyryder show on the river was unbelievable,  the wind breezing in and the cloud formations made for a truly hallucinatory sunset. I am soooooo into the upcoming indy show this Saturday.  Hyryder has some magic they're weaving, ended the first set with I need a miracle end of song blues jam going into a down and dirty wang dang doodle. They opened quite a few portals throughout the night. Two big delicious sets and couldn't have been a nicer crowd. Black Peter in the middle of the first set said it all..."go run and see, run, run and seeeeee..."

THANK YOU FOR THE INTRODUCTION/ INDOCTRINATION !!!!!

Damn,  can't believe I missed it. Will be there if they come back. How are they keeping people spread out if at all? Did you have to wear masks? I know there's a lot of room there but 500 is a pretty good crowd

• Forum MVP

People purchase a table that had 4 seats and has lines around it. When you walk away to go to the bathroom or get a drink,  mask up. They checked temps going in. Not to be missed as the band played through the riverfront live huge pa system,  it was crystal and loud,  a good clear loud.  The interplay between lead guitar,  Charlie,  and keyboard was intriguing,  they followed each other,  then joined, then off on their own. At times it was so nicely meshed I couldn't tell if it was guitar or keys, then they separated. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

People purchase a table that had 4 seats and has lines around it. When you walk away to go to the bathroom or get a drink,  mask up. They checked temps going in. Not to be missed as the band played through the riverfront live huge pa system,  it was crystal and loud,  a good clear loud.  The interplay between lead guitar,  Charlie,  and keyboard was intriguing,  they followed each other,  then joined, then off on their own. At times it was so nicely meshed I couldn't tell if it was guitar or keys, then they separated. 

They play inside? Can't imagine tables outside

• Forum MVP

Hyryder was a blessed reprieve from the end of live music for us since March 4. Sweet freedom. I needed to dance terribly. It is my first love!! Loosen the stillness and meditate in motion. Pure joy! Flight was a snap and uncrowded airport. It was a reunion a year coming; last time we all danced was Boulder/ Red Rocks with DSO. Wahoo! 

Hyryder is a tight band with a decidedly psychedelic bent to their interpretation. I've been listening to a lot of psych rock of late; latest is Rose City Band. Good sound with space to dance. Lots of Pigpen these two shows, though I haven't a show of theirs to compare it to. Ripping Cream Puff War. I'm a Hog for you, Baby. Good Lovin 4/25/71 style. High Time was so sweet. First night 2nd set had an origami of Alligator>Schoolgirl> Estimated> Lovelight>Viola. I unfolded with it. lol.

I met Ammagamalin Crew second night. Good to know you, buddy! 

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
16 minutes ago, PoetryGirl said:

Hyryder was a blessed reprieve from the end of live music for us since March 4. Sweet freedom. I needed to dance terribly. It is my first love!! Loosen the stillness and meditate in motion. Pure joy! Flight was a snap and uncrowded airport. It was a reunion a year coming; last time we all danced was Boulder/ Red Rocks with DSO. Wahoo! 

Hyryder is a tight band with a decidedly psychedelic bent to their interpretation. I've been listening to a lot of psych rock of late; latest is Rose City Band. Good sound with space to dance. Lots of Pigpen these two shows, though I haven't a show of theirs to compare it to. Ripping Cream Puff War. I'm a Hog for you, Baby. Good Lovin 4/25/71 style. High Time was so sweet. First night 2nd set had an origami of Alligator>Schoolgirl> Estimated> Lovelight>Viola. I unfolded with it. lol.

I met Ammagamalin Crew second night. Good to know you, buddy! 

and we are now electric scooter people. I was told electric bikes are even better. Next I’ll be buying a Tesla running out of juice on a rural interstate and the troopers tell me they don’t like my kind of car and I end up crushed with it in a rural salvage yard never to be seen again, and all from scooters.  Late night buzzed scooter riding is fun. Just make sure you look for curbs. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Set #1

Alabama Getaway > Promised Land.

New Speedway Boogie... set the stage,

nice open parking lot with plenty of room to dance and move around, beautiful night out, really enjoyed meeting new friends, Poetry Girl and Rude (again). Lots of dead to the core fans in Indy with Hyryder playing so often. There was a wedding party that showed up and thr band played TLEO for the couple's song with them out in front arms around each other.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

So, for various and sundry reasons, I got into the habit of reading license plate numbers while I am driving. I noticed within the last month or so that new license plates that I have seen, here in Maryland, have a number, then the letters DSO and then three more numbers. I recall reading where Bill K works for the motor vehicle administration. Could this be a coincidence, or a covert, Star head operation, successfully pulled off by Bill or someone else, for the enjoyment of those Of us living in the Dark Star Orchestra world?

• Forum MVP

Tuesday night Basement Dance Party #4

delivered an experience complete with the

full range of human emotion and Grateful

Dead vintages.  To keep things 2020, the

band blew a fuse during the first set,  

temporarily slowing the journey to the other

side.  The group persevered to achieve bliss

somewhere in the primal second set.  The 

third included an early Fire and Terrapin and

the 18 minute space from 94/10/01 took all

on a journey through the multiple time space

wormholes.  The dance lab has been the 

secure, underground operations center to escape

the ills of the surface in 2020.

Set One

80/28/11  Lakeland Civic Center Arena,  Lakeland, FL

Jack Straw, Peggy-O, Rooster, Tennessee Jed, Passenger,

Deep (Blown Fuse) Elem Blues, Looks Like Rain, Deal.

Set Two

68/10/20  Greek Theater,  Berkeley, CA

School Girl, Lovelight, Dark Star>St. Stephen>The Eleven,

Caution>Feedback.

Set Three

77/04/25  Capitol Theatre,  Passaic, NJ

Scarlet Begonias>Fire on the Mountain, Samson, 

Terrapin Station>Playin In the Band>Drums>

94/10/01  Boston Garden,  Boston, MA 

Space>Last Time>Stella Blue>One More Sat. Nite.

E:  Liberty.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Thoughts on a long drive... On social media I have seen the phrase you must have drank the Kool-Aid. As if it was a bad thing. On the contrary. My experience with Electric Kool-Aid and other psychedelics have been beneficial in my life and I thank God for it. My first experience was 14 years old I liked it so I continued with taking 97 of the other 99 hits over the next two weeks. Later that year on a Sunday friends and I all dropped acid and just after the peak wanting to get back to that place I dropped a couple more hits. Everybody was going home and as I was walking with my friend Jim he asked if I would be okay and I said I don't know I'm really spaced he said hold on I'll be right out he went into his house and came out and gave me the album American Beauty. He said just listen to this over and over you will be okay. that was the night that I became a "dead head". The music and Community has brought so much joy to my life and continues to do so... I have since taking LSD somewhere between 300 and 500 times in my life in addition to peyote a handful of times and mushrooms over 2,000 timetimes.  Not bragging it is what it is and my life is an  open book. I have literally seen the world through a parabolic lens  on 5000 micrograms I have seen images of my mouth laughing at me from the top of my feet. Leo Kottke comes to mind... I have seen the blood flowing through the veins of my eyelids laying on my back on 14 grams of mushrooms. I have seen this and much more and it was fun and good times but that is not the benefits I'm talkin about. I have spent long periods of time questioning what is real. being stripped of all preconceived notions of the world and people and trees and the sun and moon the stars and the universe. I have dosed and had the justifications rationalizations of my fallibility as a human being torn away to expose my spirit and soul for what it really is. largely due to my experiences with psychedelics I see things and Life a little bit differently. everything I have experienced from books read television shows movies politics religion God the concepts of good and bad Humanity love hatred has all been influenced By psychedelics. I am currently driving down the road the New Jersey Turnpike with a landscape of power lines and Towers with puffy grey and white clouds with a pale blue background during sunrise. Beautiful. I am in awe of the existence of the world I live in. We live in... yesterday morning was the sunrise over the ocean that created awe. My understanding and feeling empathy compassion and sympathy for others has been exponentially multiplied by my psychedelic experiences. This is good! don't get me wrong I am not some spiritual Guru or anything. On some days I am still
 a dick. I can be angry feel discusted or resentful. Even these negative attributes about myself have been shaped by my experiences with psychedelics. kind of put into its proper perspective without the rationalizations and justifications... I am not suggesting that this is the path for everybody in life but it has certainly influenced me for the better. I have not tripped in over 25 years as a result of my addictive tendencies. the experiences of my past create the road map of today... some days when life seems confusing listening to the music play doesn't seem like enough but I am patient and hold on to my convictions 🙂 .   when lacking direction or not sure which path to take I am an advocate of chemical shock therapy and some days I think 10 hits of acid would give me a new perspective on life😆 but then I realize I just need to bring up my past psychedelic experiences and this is best done through the music I love. Kind of going back to the beginning. So yes my friends I have drank the Kool-Aid  and I am a better person as a result of it:- 🙂 . Please excuse any mispronunciations and read through the garble if you can this is dictated voice to text while driving the beautiful New Jersey Turnpike.
 Is anyone else's life an open book? I would love to hear your experiences...

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

I love it. I have only done blotter less than ten times, shrooms less than ten also but hey, that’s enough to be able to relate. Like someone standing in line with me in Dewey explained it to me, if you’re discussing it with someone who has, no words are necessary, if you’re discussing it with someone who hasn’t, there aren’t enough words. When I was getting into it, I preached that I thought everyone should try it. I read once that the first time is life changing, all the other times is just recreation. I just celebrated the fortieth anniversary if my first trip. Me and another guy who had tripped before split the crumbs from the bottom of a bag that had had two hundred Microdots in it. We split it up on the hood of George Thorogood’s Ford Granada. His girlfriend lived next door. We dropped as the party ended, stayed up all night. Early the next night, I laid in bed freaking out because it wasn’t letting up. I kept hearing the voices of all my friends. After a while, my lady friend came upstairs and got me, brought me downstairs and led me into a surprise birthday party for me. WOW. Turns out the voices of my friends were real. While talking to someone while tripping, I have felt as though I could read their mind. I have painted  the black Outlines Of the Stealie perfectly two feet in diameter on a dorm hall wall while tripping. I am not an artist, but I did it. My first trip included the puffy white clouds. We had them again yesterday morning. Puffy white clouds have a different meaning for me. I have sat in a deer stand watching the sun rise only to realize that the sun was sitting still and the earth was turning to bring the sun to me. That experience was decades after my experiences with LSD but I believe that my experiences with LSD enable me to see the world from a more enhanced perspective. It’s not a bad thing. Necessary? Debatable. Definitely not for the feeble minded. Or would  it make the feeble minded better. The discussion continues ......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

In college I once tried to eat a tuna fish sandwich but couldn't finish it because the finely chopped pickles felt as big as pebbles in my mouth. But nonetheless, almost fifty years later, to this day I still love tuna fish.

• Like (+1) 2
  • LMAO 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Now we just need to work on the 4th member of the SOTE gang. We need the omg you actually said that look and then throws out something even more demented, to keep us balanced lol. Theres a dynamic that’s hard to get without all 4 members. I still remember crawling on the floor laughing unable to get up in that DC embassy suites. If we didn’t value keeping our jobs and not having huff post articles written about us we could have recorded some nights for a Netflix special that make Dave chapelle look like don rickles, allegedly. 

• Forum MVP

Here’s a thought. With the pandemic expected to pull 15-20 trillion from the economy over the next 4 years why the fuck aren’t we funding the CDC more than a couple billion a year. Like for real. Why aren’t we hiring tons of scientists and funding more and more research around the country. I mean a lot fucking more. If we can have a multi trillion dollar stimulus we can put 200 billion into disease research. You have to think with the overpopulation in some countries this shits gonna happen again. We need a much better response from scientists who have a much better playbook and are ready to instantly implement it.