Random thoughts and randomness in general

Rude

• Forum MVP

I do but I think a lot of that has to do with reading something about the song where it is loosely associated with that book or the characters in it. I love that song, perfect show opener. Robert Hunter captured lightning in a bottle with that one. The mental imagery that is painted with those lyrics is incredible for me. I just fucking love that tune. 

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

Was reading all the idiots comments on Facebook regarding jubilation. You have 1 idiot who repeated 30x that people will be literally dying if they have to dance with a mask. She’s obviously never went to a masked show because it presents 0 issues. Then you have the opposite spectrum saying how everyone is horrible for going in a pandemic.  I deleted my Facebook years ago but look at the gf’s for dark star and other concert info. Convinced the country is 80% idiot.  

At the Maryland drive in shows you could remove masks in your space but was so cold most kept them on dancing. I actually did mask and neck gaiter night 3 because the wind was oppressive at the end. Masks may be hot when it’s warm but if it takes that to get music, deal with it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

She kept repeating that they would need Lots of doctors to treat the people that would die or pass out because of masks. I guess it takes a pandemic and other stuff to bring out the true crazies.  At all the hyryder we saw last summer in the mouse trap parking lot you could dance where you  wanted and pack in close if you chose but had to wear masks. Was no issue. Most spread out but no one complained because we saw music when no one else was playing. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Holla!! Getting vaccinated next Tuesday. Who knew smoking cigs could save your life!!! Only drawback is bill gates knows where I am at all times. Great. Now Apple and Microsoft will track my every move. 

• Forum MVP

I saw the Schwag at a mask required show. I did feel the need to take the mask off and gulp for air at times but no one was passing out. Honestly, I don’t think it was the mask that created my desperate need for air situation. My cardio has gone to shit during the pandemic. Mask or no mask I think I would’ve been out of breathe. If wearing a mask brings back live music, I’m all for wearing a mask and going to shows. 

• Forum MVP

I agree with you more than you know. I’m just willing to play the game to see shows.  I was never for shut downs, quarantines, stay at home orders, or mandatory anything but that battle has been lost. I was in the minority. By the same token I’m not for mandatory anything, I do believe it’s up to the business owner to decide who to service. If they want to refuse service if your not wearing a mask, they should be free to do so. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

1.9 trillion.  That's nothing.  Who cares about zeros?   We should spend 10 trillion and bring in Mexico and all of middle America.   Non-violent cartels. Some think there was a insurrection with a couple thousand.   Lets bring in millions!!!   World is changing faster and faster.   Pepe La Poo is now a rapist.   Dr. Sues is racist, and Megan Markel is an African American though whiter than myself.   Being under educated, I am simply a simple man. My lenses are blurred.   Spent a year with Covid business interruption claims.  Spent hours listening to small business owners cry because they lost their whole life's work.   Some, phones disconnected.  Could never finish the claim.  Cuomo is fighting Me too-----Allegations for a politician is damning.  Who cares if there founded.  All you need is a media to tell us under educated people what is right and wrong.  My mother who is 78 with underlying conditions has yet to get a call to be vaccinated.  Happy smokers get in front of the line.  Its the American way!! Small businesses who can not afford closing should be penalized.   Large corporations who can afford government bond buys should be set to grow bigger.   The world is set for electric cars----how do we get electricity? Fossil fuels?  Any thought about next generation lithium batteries?  Hopefully China can produce better and better solar cells. Hydrogen Fuel Cells---ocean is full of hydrogen and oxygen!!  Wait, does it not take more energy to split covalent bonds than we get back.  Thermal dynamics?  Nuke power plants?  Fast breeders?---Hopefully molten salts work out. Bill Gates worked with China on those projects.  Damn Trump administration shut that down---China moved forward----  Something about intellectual property given access to the next Super power.  China buying our agricultural industry, as a means to keep feeding Americans.  Somehow I reflect back to Lola. Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world, except for Lola.  I no longer extend my civic duty to vote.  At some point, you have to withdraw from the game so your soul no longer has a part in the fall.  Cop out----maybe---but would rather watch from the sidelines then have a hand in the mess.   Ironic-----how far we all drive to see music.  Fly to see music.  Extend the resources the pollution, yet feel compelled to support green initiatives.  All is good when we ourselves feel good.   One side or the other, in the end, we have to look at ourselves.  Our actions.   Our complacency or our compliance.  Mask do remove human expression.  90% of communication is body language.  Simple domesticated dogs get that.  Our loyal companion that assisted with the evolution of modern day society.  Somehow we do not get that.   So smart we are...our leaders even more in touch with our daily lives.  We allow for hypocrisy---if its our side.   Instead of wishing for the world to have a Coke with pretty endangered polar bears---who would bypass the coke, and just eat you if had the chance----I wish for individual thought that is not aligned with a two party system that has failed original intent.  Self governance by "educated" people.  I do not mean those educated by current institutions!!.  I have enough of those degrees---but COMMON SENSE!!!   Common has now become in its own right, non sensical.   To busy to be common, to bullied to express "Common Sense".   Common sense is now labeled---and if you are one of those labels, God Bless you---oops---I used God-----easier to use the parables from a book of common sense.  Don's steal, don't lie, don't sleep around(you might get dieses), don't murder, etc.....  Essentially a backdrop for common sense.   Inclusion------why does DSO not have NWA open up for them--vice versa?    Could we all mix together peacefully?   Would it be peaceful?  Hard questions, difficult thoughts, unless your media driven, and its all black and white.  No pun intended.   This post is only a mockery of ourselves and our nation----IT'S US BLUES!!!!!!!   

• Forum MVP

On 3/6/2021 at 5:46 PM, Mason's Child said:

I saw the Schwag at a mask required show. I did feel the need to take the mask off and gulp for air at times but no one was passing out. Honestly, I don’t think it was the mask that created my desperate need for air situation. My cardio has gone to shit during the pandemic. Mask or no mask I think I would’ve been out of breathe. If wearing a mask brings back live music, I’m all for wearing a mask and going to shows. 

When one respires like I do---like all of you do, there is no one mask during a show.  Mask replacement for each song.  Mask get water logged.   Respiration produces what?   Water vapor.  Simple glucose + oxygen → carbon dioxide + water + energy released-----  Its a no brainer!!  Common Sense.   Depends on what DSO plays.   Early GD or late GD.  Bring 15-26 mask.   Not mocking you brother, but  you bring a good point up.   

• Forum MVP

Hmmm...   Herdy Gerdy and Velvet Thunders b-days today.  Have not seen either in a very long time.   Guess Velvet is enjoying German Alps, while Herdy has dropped off the map.   Two people who I know loved and supported DSO from its early days.   Wish both a happy B-day.   Hoping both are doing well and doing what they love.   Remember Herdy Jam in the Sand-----all I can say is smurfs----nothing more funny!!!   Except when Rob B saw me helping Resort security get into a balcony room.  Nothing more awkward than security standing on your shoulders to enter a room.   What happened to master key?   Big place and not enough time to get in to make sure someone was ok.    Some people find themselves in places they do not want to be but are there because they are the person who should be--at that moment.   What a ride that year was. 

Velvet---always has had her own beat to drum.  A friend tells a funny story of picking her up from airport in the south.  Sitting on the corner playing a mandolin.   The kind of scene you saw when the circus was in town. It was the time when DSO drawled me in.  A semblance of when the original played.   Not strange, but different was around.  It was a always that safety net you felt.  The excitement to know your brothers and sisters were around.  

Happy B-day to both!!!

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
17 minutes ago, franknkeene said:

Hey Rude,

If you bought the shirt online, can you tell me web address?  I need to get my new nephew into that shirt.

Thanks

we trying to figure who sent it. Was a lot vendor so think we may know who sent. I’ll find the info if that’s who it was from. 4 different dead designs.  Had a lot of great friends set baby up for tour lol. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
21 hours ago, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

Hmmm...   Herdy Gerdy and Velvet Thunders b-days today.  Have not seen either in a very long time.   Guess Velvet is enjoying German Alps, while Herdy has dropped off the map.   Two people who I know loved and supported DSO from its early days.   Wish both a happy B-day.   Hoping both are doing well and doing what they love.     

Herdy, Bix, Vegas, and I will be in Maryland all 3 nights. Gold section. We have a huge house rented, that's where the after party will be. Hopefully Scotty and the Daylights are flying in, so we can have live music. Steph is doing well, just got herself a Mercedes Benz. Her and Jesse are living the life they love. Hope I don't miss you this time Sunny. Peace brother. 

• Like (+1) 7

• Forum MVP
On 3/10/2021 at 1:04 PM, August West said:

Herdy, Bix, Vegas, and I will be in Maryland all 3 nights. Gold section. We have a huge house rented, that's where the after party will be. Hopefully Scotty and the Daylights are flying in, so we can have live music. Steph is doing well, just got herself a Mercedes Benz. Her and Jesse are living the life they love. Hope I don't miss you this time Sunny. Peace brother. 

That is for sure a star studded list.  Wow!!!   Three nights in the same gold circle.  Glad to know your in the know.  Scotty plays his ass off.  Absolutely floored by how well he and mango--with others--performed at black mountain.  I imagine Covid has only honed their inner talent.   Would love a invite to come by and mingle for the after party.  As a heads up---years have changed---not the same as I was when hopped on this bus.   No worries about behavior.  Rick on the other hand---Just Kidding!!    Happy to hear the lord bought Velvet a Mercedes Benz.   I am sure she had some work in it!!!  That's awesome.  Herdy is creeping out of the Laramide Orogeny uplift-----that's good stuff.  Word travels fast when venues are good.   Music at Frederick was kind and the sound impeccable for outside venue--for any venue.   Early show at that.  It will be day time when the shuttle lifts off!!!  I have not danced in the day since last I saw you August.  That was outside of DC---Wolf Creek I believe.  Maybe a Jubilee----no matter, be nice to shake hands and give a hug.   If Covid allows or the comfort be.  

They supplemented and ended with a kick ass Tangled that day at Wolf Mountain!!!   

I know the original crew talks, mingles, and keeps up with each other.  There are two sides to everything and it is absolutely wonderful it continues.  I often don't come around here no more, but every so often I need to jazz up and cause controversy.  Cant have Rude always take the show.  You guys are more than likely what helped start and keep the tradition with tour and dance.  DSO is lucky to have you, as we are lucky to have them!!!  Will always be grateful for the encouragement when there was no light.  Not even a tunnel.   

I now know Fredericks is going to be lit up with good people and dedicated members of a bigger family.

Warmest of Regards!!!  Thanks for chiming in August.  Sincere appreciation!! 

• Like (+1) 5

• Forum MVP

I just scored a miracle! I walked into Walgreens to ask about the vaccine. I knew the girl working there. She had some extras, hooked me up. I got my vaccination! She asked me a few questions, one of which was wether I worked through out the entire pandemic. I said yes. That makes me a front line worker. Go figure. 

• Like (+1) 2