Random thoughts and randomness in general

Rude

• Forum MVP
On 1/31/2022 at 7:55 PM, Rude said:

So you have the right to spout your views but those musicians can’t. Talk about being a snowflake. Oh no. A musician pulled their music for their beliefs. I’m going to lose my mind. Joe Rogan can do what he wants but they can’t. Got it. It’s the mind of the right wing. They want to cancel anyone who doesn’t think like them and don’t understand the hypocrisy of their stance. 

two judges on "The Masked Singer" walked off after Rudy Giuliani unmasked himself at the end of a show taping, a source close to the show told CNN Wednesday.   

Hmm.....who silence who?   

Banned: Books on race and sexuality are disappearing from Texas schools in record numbers

Society moves as a pendulum which also moves as a circle with---"Degrees of Freedom"!!!.   Look at historical moments in society and culture.   Lot of evidence suggest that people do not handle societal changes well when there are jolts of quick action.  Hence...conservative.  Conservatives believe change should be slow and weighed, as there are always unforeseen reactions to change. Liberals appear to implement haste change. A jolt to society.    

Move fast left, the pendulum swing further right--eventually.... look at the 60's similar reaction, although a strange one when you look at federal elections.... democrats started Vietnam War and it took Republicans to get us out.  Ironic isn't it!!!  We had Regan after Billy Beer......Nixon after the man who created our "Great Society".    Why does Texas seem to cause these issues.  Funny, it took a Virginian to create Texas.....but maybe that's why there is controversy all these years later!!!     

I really thought many Dead Heads would know a whole lot more about history.   It would bring so much more depth when listening to the music!!   

ALWAYS BEWARE OF GOVERNMENT CURES!!!!!!  Don't care if its right or left.....if our government has a cure, weigh the knowledge of history that you have...if you don't have that knowledge remain ignorant of current times!!!   

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Funny that billy strings is tweeting for everyone to join in the fun of his current tour. His shows used to be 10-15 dollars at up close small bars. Now he's playing arenas and asking for $75. I dont see the "fun" of stringing a tour together at $75 each stop and being in an arena. I'll be at the cincy shows but that's probably my last. At the end of Jerry's life, Warfield and Wiltern shows had my interest and he never charged $75 a ticket. Kudos for Dark Star Orchestra in trying to keep shows under $50  after "fees" are figured in. The upcoming Newport show comes in around $43, I'll be showing up there about 8:20 as I facilitate a depression support group Thursday nights until 8 in NKY. Helping others then helping myself. Ramblin where ramblin can be done

• Like (+1) 4

• 4 weeks later...

I like seafood salad, the imitation crabmeat kind. Someone must have eaten some at the Ithaca show the other day, and I kept smelling this sweaty, mayonnaisey odor near me, it was gross. Now I’m out driving around at work, thinking about getting some at a place that makes it, and I am getting grossed out, hopefully this isn’t permanent 😅

• LMAO 2

• Forum MVP

Notice: If anyone makes fun of my Alopecia I can now legally slap you. Plus with my tall stature showing my small bald spot in jubilee videos as I stick out, if they are not edited to add hair, I can also slap you, but this is only for future videos as the statute of limitations has expired for old vids. 

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

If DSO decided to cancel a show 4 days before because they wanted to go see a basketball game, I’d be sooo pissed. Can’t believe that Eric Church cancelled an arena sold out show to go see a basketball game. Screwing 12k people last second to go see a game. Don’t schedule a show during the final 4 if there’s a shot your teams in it. This is one of the craziest things I’ve seen. 

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/eric-church-cancels-concert-ncaa-game-unc-san-antonio-1235218562/amp/

• 5 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Franklin's from 10-27-79 Cape Cod is so the fucking GOAT.  End of discussion. 17 minutes of absolute bliss. 

(With apologies to the great Franklin's from '76 and '77 that were part of epic HSF suites.)

And via the 30 Years Around the Sun release, we have premium sound for 10-27.  In fact, I think this is an obvious entry for any "top 10 Brent era shows" list.  Hmmm, maybe that could be an interesting post... I bet that list will be wildly subjective after a small handful of consensus shows. If there are even those.

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

So, I’m confused. Is the monkey left handed or is the wrench for someone who is left handed? 

i think it was more of a metaphorical take on the state of world during the Cold War and a condemnation of the military industrial complex. 

• Confused (neutral) 1

• Forum MVP

So there’s a 2nd DSO song on Apple Music: We can run but we can’t hide. It was released 10/6/21. There’s no album associated with it. No details. I thought it was a dead song mislabeled at 1st b/c it sounds like Brent. It’s not Barraco singing unless he developed a serious falsetto. Anyone know what this was from? 

• Forum MVP

Lol I know the song and who Brent is. What I’m saying is there’s 1 song on Apple Music with dso and you can hear Eaton but the main vocals sound like Brent. 

https://music.apple.com/us/album/we-can-run-but-we-cant-hide/1597562433?i=1597562434

Dark Star Orchestra • We Can Run But We Can't Hide https://open.spotify.com/track/46AXVEAOablio8tqpWSJJh

• Forum MVP

Initially I thought it was a Brent vocal track with DSO doing the music, but it doesn’t sound as much like Brent later on like the falsetto was stressing the singers voice but it’s pretty dead on Brent’s voice.   

Someone solve the mystery!!!

• Forum MVP

I heard from a reliable source that even though this has weird stuff like copyright 2021 Swati Music, that this is actually from a 2004 DSO show from the Norva with Scott on keys. The other day meili said dso has a 2nd song besides the talking heads cover they did for a tribute album on Apple Music that was just released. So at least part of the mystery solved. The 2021 swati music is still a mystery plus there’s a picture of a staircase as the cover art. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

And I can say I was at that Norva show and the show at Martyrs where they played Up All Night (now available on Apple for all to enjoy). Those were fairly early in my DSO career, pre Year of Bliss.

9D4E56A3-FCC6-4F50-9748-BCDCFA3F0AB3.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

So meili was watching the Tonys the other night as she’s did a lot of musical theater in the day and now I can’t get smooth criminal out of my head. I keep singing. “Annie are you ok. Are you ok Annie”. Fuck. It’s on repeat in my head. 

• Forum MVP

I had to try out for Little shop of horrors in high school under threat of losing car privileges. So I did and was cast, (probably based on reputation) as a wino. I’m sure mom was beaming with pride as I rolled around drunk on stage. 🤣😆

• Haha (+1) 1