Jubilee

oysterhead

Folks, we all know that the festival we love is small and intimate, which is part of the charm. That also means every year's festival could be the last if ticket sales aren't big. Let's send our vibes out there and hope that ticket sales are fruitful for the 2016 Jubilee. So far they've continued each year, and I hope they continue. Nothing is for certain, each Jubilee could be the last, so lets celebrate this one big, and tell our peeps to buy tickets.

This Jubilee is for us, y'all!

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Smiles, I expected nothing less from you Ducats!! Keep to form, as it would be odd to read anything different from your handle. However, i belive in duplicity, and that some cats show more hiss at times while they purr most other times! Obtuse is a correct description for you at times, but I did qualify the positives of this persona!!!

Thank you for the insight Poetry Girl. Your words as a whole always present and reflect deeper thought than your indidual words alone. It seems a constant with you!!

A clown I am, but I never wear a bozzo nose.

Sorry these games have to be played, but you will warm up to me, lol, haha, you don't have a choice!

Ticket purchased, pray for better weather. Meet you at the Jubilee.

Does DSO play request?

• Forum MVP

4 weeks.....this music does make you itch a bit. I wonder if the Denver line up was a precursor to 2nd night Jubilee. I hope so, dance a thon first night, with a pre show gospel session with Melvin. Second night, hopefully better than the 2nd last year, if possiable. Last show, an elective with out keep growing!!! Kidding, love the electives.

Yes this music makes you itch, causes you to do funny things, act in weird ways, but all the while setting you free.

Anybody got any car room for a stranger?

• Forum MVP

Oh do please share there gr8fulpair!!

Peaking on 1969 - fucking spell-binding.

gr8fulpair stories take 20 mins to tell but they always end at an amazing place.

Shared.

24 days and counting peeps.

Still training for the Dance-a-thon. Friday's going to be big hurdle with Melvin Seals starting at 4:30.

I am in the second week of the obligatory ritualistic fasting of all forms of Grateful Dead music and Garcia tunes leading up to the Jubilee. I find it makes everything that much more crisp. See you soon!

• Forum MVP

24 days and counting peeps. Still training for the Dance-a-thon. Friday's going to be big hurdle with Melvin Seals starting at 4:30. I am in the second week of the obligatory ritualistic fasting of all forms of Grateful Dead music and Garcia tunes leading up to the Jubilee. I find it makes everything that much more crisp. See you soon!

Normally I wouldn't advocate for this proposed fasting with the "Too much of anything is just enough" edict and all.

It seems like this might be a reasonable exception but you still may want to consider a 2nd opinion- just in case. Your treatment regimen may be considered aggressive and not medically necessary.

Everyone will understand if you unexpectedly relapse:)

• Forum MVP

If it's to much of everything, it has a completely different meaning than too much. The former would be like a toast. Id like to toast to much of everything. That's just enough.

• Forum MVP

Hmm....it doesent already? I don't get to as many shows as I like, and listening to GD is so much different than getting to move your body with it!! Yes, I have been known to dance alone, at work, in a tree with headphones, but there is no comparison to the dance during a staged performance.

The lighting usually strikes immediately. Many times I have to remeber, it's the first song chill, you got a lot more coming. Of course I tend to preshow dance warmup which truley gets the adrenals open!!

But I understand, because DSO has certainly ripped every fiber in my body

• Forum MVP

I always turn to classic shows when traveling - unless I'm traveling with Rude and then we just gossip like school-girls.

The only show I listened to same-day that DSO played that night was 8/6/71 > Hollywood Paladium.

I appreciate the fasting though. Such a long, long time to be gone. Might as well force it to hit you like a bolt of lightning before it sweeps you up and carries you away.

Archived