Jubilee

oysterhead

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Does this count as a relapse?

Well,,,since that show is over seas I think you can use that as rationale for it not being a true relapse...

But I have been known to be a bit of an enabler at times so another opinion might be in order...

• Forum MVP

Miss watching you all dance!!! I am really considering bringing my own set up for taping. I would not record the band, but I would love to record you dancers, rug goers! A reel shot of that over three days could make for awesome footage.

I am going work on that!!!

Disco pizza already makes my water melt, but I really hope Michelle is there this year. Missed her last year....she was at ledges:(

Love all yous excitement!!! Games will certainlybegin soon!!!! First night... Dso jbg 430!!! Awesome.....will be a good night to get all the exess energy out on prep for serious dance nigjt two, and fun dance night 3. Dso always does quality change ups, so each night will be a musical gift alone!!

Miss your face... I miss your bodies in motion!!!

• Forum MVP

Please do not record without permission.  Dancing is very private although done in public for many of us.  I'm sure others wouldn't mind at all.  I can not wait to see all of you.  Its going to be so much fun.

• Forum MVP

The only good thing about my absence from Jubilee this year is that you will be spared watching me try to re-arrange chairs on the deck of the Titantic.  It is not a pleasing sight to some.

In honor of the improved board functionality, I will pass along actual footage of my other dancing style which while odd, is a little more aesthetic:

giphy.gif

I've been thinking of songs/eras 

Is it bad form for us to discuss what we'd like to see played? I'm pretty much open to anything (DSO plays every setlist pretty dang well), but I'm looking at some setlists and thinking about what songs would be fun to see: 

Night One: I'd love something awesome from the 1980s or anything interesting: 7/13/1984, anything from Summer 1985, 7/29/1988, 7/18/1989, etc. (I'd even venture to say that 6/17/1991 would be a very interesting show, though obviously not in the 80s. 

Night Two: How about something crazy: 11/8/69, 3/24/70, 8/27/1972

Night Three: Elective that opens with Space>Viola Lee Blues

It's fun to play. What sounds good to you?

Honestly, I'd enjoy anything, but the setlists from these would be fun.

wait a minute Mason weren't you on the side of watching people dance (or something like that. that old thread where we argued about something similar. I'm shot so that's the best I can do for a hint) a while ago? can't be against film then.

• Forum MVP

I feed off the energy of friends and other dancers. That does entail looking. Maybe you misinterpret my meaning. It makes me uncomfortable to be watched by an outsider although it's a free country. Filming is way different. Can't even begin to see why you would think it's the same.

Ask your girl if you can watch her shower?

Then ask if you can film?

If you ever identify yourself, I will make sure not to watch you dance.

• Forum MVP

I can envision someone saying they need to attend services for the dead with family and that's why they need Friday off work.

Video can be detrimental to one's well being

Snuff films are dangerous, true.

• Forum MVP

Hmmm.....I released my fear of video several years ago. I have been under the lens many times, mocking, but many have videod wanting to remeber a time past still current. They want to remenance of what many of us remeber, and many of us still enjoy..the music and dance. DSO channels and we are still foolish of heart to follow.

Dance like the world is watching, not like you are alone!!! That's the beauty of the public exhibition of dance!! Releasing yourself in front of the music, in front of all. Proud to be part of this fusion of life, music, friends, safety!!! What we do in the midnight moonlight can't always be done in our daily lives!!

At least for some MC:)!!

Video gladly edited for safety of individuals who want to keep their past to their memories. I want to remeber, now more than I did in my past. It would be nice to have tangelable memories of time and space shared.

I honestly like the idea, and could not think of a better gift to a community who appreciates the movement to music.

Should I bring release forms? Imagine if we did not have videos of the past? We cherish the dancers to the dead of the 60's, 70's , stadiums 80's 90's...part of history!!! Don't you want to be part of that history...u already are!!!

I am not old, but i am not young, the more age, the more I want to remeber my youth and energy. I want to show my kids when I am old and in the way. You will to brother!!

Visions of Johanna plays, accidentally like a martyr before, only knowned by suggestion on another thread.

Not sure how I got so many post in such a short time, but, maybe the shutdown offered a past not shared, dunno, but not maliscious here, just finding my way back:)!!!!

Archived