Jubilee

oysterhead

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All my memories of shows are not from my way of dance or watching others as much as the ENERGY that surrounds me while we travel through the twists and turns. Love thoughs memories and LOVE all your energies, thanks for sharing with me. Peace and can't wait to see some of you guys on Friday the 13th!

• Forum MVP

Really Sudds? Sounds fire....those guys who take up tons of dance space!!! Yea, I would rather record someone spinning into the girls who walk on stilts.

And for the brightest tiedie couple in the bunch of stars?

OK ok, I am filming arron only, with a couple body shots from Rick!!! Everyone else out, even though u all have been recoded at every Jubilee there was!!!!

• Forum MVP

No, new guy with 700 posts, please don't film me. I did notice that someone was filming me at a previous show as I completely let loose more than the rest. Being 6'4" makes the dance even more extreme to watch. At dead and co, I was 40% of how I dance at DSO and there were 20 people staring at me. But the crowd there was 50% tourists just coming to see the spectacle. There were 2 preppie girls on their phones the whole show. Note that dress doesn't have anything to do with your love of dead. I mean Tea was accused of being a cop and a poser deadhead, but these girls just stared at their phones which was the determining factor and not their dress. I've gotten to the point where I'll just dress like I do everyday vs going colorful at every show. At jubilee, I will likely be wearing tie dye to add to the spirit of the fest, but my 1st shows I always thought I had to prove I was a head by dressing appropriately. Self esteem dictated that I had to prove that I belonged at the show. And if you do film please use the edit/draw function to color in my bald spot. It's usually how I find myself in the jubilee vids. A tall guy with a bald spot. No kidding. Look at any of the 1st 2-3 jubilee vids and u can find me in 3 secs right up front b/c the bald spot.

• Forum MVP

So going back a bit I decided to make my JGB setlist. Start out with groovy gospel and then get down to the serious business. Yes I know. This list is not that deep, has too many late set monsters and doesn't pull from the obscure tunes, but I don't think peeps would complain if this setlist was played.

Gomorrah

Like a road

I'll be with thee

Brothers and sisters

Tangled

After midnight(have a feeling we will get this some time at jubilee)

Mission in the rain

And it stoned me

Don't let go(20+ minute version)

Deal

• Forum MVP

Get Out of my Life is coming fast up the backstretch. I like the wahn- wahn sound and the memory of my buddies Fish in his electric green paisley tailed tuxedo coat chugging along like a freight train to the music at Merriweather. Don't let go to close after a burner of Midnight Moonlight following that Get out of my life

• Forum MVP

dance party - If Only Tonight We Could Sleep-> Blues for Allah. Muse's Uprising . The Funereal . Hallelujah. Float On Modest Mouse, Radioactive - Marty has a new move called Icing the Cupcake.

Did u start your jubilee early?

• Forum MVP

OK ok, I get it!! I figured vetrans would be used to the lens as I have over the years, but I get it. Anyhow, me taping would be like a video camera being attached to a jumping jack, a lot of 360's with an occasional jump. Most everything would of been blurred!!

I will only atempt taping with Rude's phone:)!! I would like my phone intact by end of jubilee:)!!

T: u have no idea how fun it is watching you rearrange the dance floor!! I almost feel I am a better chess player since sharing space with your abilities!!!

JGB:

Catfish John (needs some love)got one of these 2nd year Jamaica:)!!

Accidental martyr (a new favorite)

Lonesome (too sick of jam to turn away)

I will be with thee (I love my church)

Gomorrah (it's a reminder to get out when it blows)

Masterpeice(I wil never get enough of Jerry singing Dylan)

Tangeld(see above)

The sweet sunny south(a no brainer for me)

Like a road (find my own happy home)

Dont let go (song of hope)

Stoned Me (Comfort song)

Sitting in Limbo (I lived it)

Forever Young (I want it)

1st night will be a great warm up for the legs!!!

Unless I get thrown in jail...I am.coming to jubilee with the power of 5 "little boy". A morning dew so very appropriate!!!

• Forum MVP

Lets not throw in tangled. We'd hate to ruin MC's jubilee with a song so overplayed that I've seen it once in my 60 shows and if I remember correctly I don't even think Tea has ever got one even though he won't be here which means we will likely get one.

• Forum MVP

Lol. Just messing with u anyway bro :P. But not messing regarding the tangled. I also heard a rumor that they were working on a desolation. Could the rumor be true? We can dream. Attempting to memorize that in a correct order would lead to sleepless nights, waking up in a cold sweat with nightmares of forgetting the whole song on stage and just doing the instrumental version for 12 minutes. Actually it may not have a correct order. Just remembering every verse in any order is a Herculean task sans TelePrompter.

I remember the first Desolation (Spectrum 86) nobody new what it was. I think the same night scarlet touch. if I remember correctly the boys weren't hitting on all cylinders spring summer that year

• Forum MVP

Seen my fair share of Tangled's - it's Visions I've never seen Jeff do - looks like it'll be awhile longer.

It's gonna be fun - no matter what they play :)

Archived