Jubilee

oysterhead

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I never stop what I'm doing. It just makes me feel uncomfortable. They usually tire after about 30 seconds and it's back to dance as usual. Try to keep if as normal as possible while they filming.

• Forum MVP

ive seen going back being filmed before. I think there are several of us that could be Tosh.0 vids if we ever got filmed in all our glory. I've seen people at fests on there that were nowhere near our level of release.

• Forum MVP

How do you know I am not Tosh, Ever seen our likeness together, creepy------

The video thing:  Honestly, I have lost so much in such a short amount of time, and word today, its possible I am going to watch my senior loose his memory over agonizing time.  I know, right when you think its getting better, lets just show you it can get worse.

I don't want to forget you all, and I know time changes quick, and I really would like more than my memories during shows.  The comment I made was more of a comment, than a actual plan.  Most of you seen me at shows!!  Sort of a one track mind once the music begins, but I do pause at moments, and I watch so many of you I have grown to admire and care for dance your ass off!!!  I tend to find my own space to dance, as I need room for wings, but I always make a point to dance near the rug crew, and other people who move and groove!!! 

What happens if that is ever taking away from me?  Or if a jubilee comes around and one of us are no more?  I have memories of my youth and GD, but very little pictures.  Some Diamond Dupress, stickers, and shirts, but I have lost some of the memories I have shared with people. 

I would never video anyone up close, but as a collective, it would be nice to have a visual memory of those who make these trips worth it!!  Yes I would dance alone if no one showed, and it would be awesome the first night!!  I got DSO by myself once!!  Just the band and just me dancing in the sand.  You hungry people were eating during sound check, but I had all the space in the world and I used it!!   I loved it, but it was not the same as it is seeing your smiles, your spins, your arms wide, eyes closed, tranced, focused, and producing a communal energy that gives me goose bumps!!!

it would be nice to record the community, for personal reflection only, but I understand, as I was once camera shy for different and the same reasons as some of you say. I respect many of you, and that's enough to not attempt, but perhaps minds will change over time, or perhaps I can talk you all to be ok with it at Jubilee!!!

When I first came on the boards, I got the same reception, mistrust, distrust, curiosity, and a hard time.  I deserved every bit of it, but I remember the first post show picture I was invited to be in!!!  Penns Peak, and it felt weird, so I hesitated, and many of you smiling told me to come on hurry, get in the picture!!!  What a cool feeling, to be accepted among a community I feel I was born to be in, but to odd to be a part of-----perhaps its my oddity and openness that got me invited!!!

I know I novel, whatever, but I spend many nights alone these days, and I love being able to come on the boards, even when I stopped posting, and read the words of brothers, and sisters!!!  You all keep the majic alive.  Its not further, its not Phil and Friends, if it was, we would meet at those shows, but we gather at jubilee, because we know the sound so well, that we want no other!! 

Love yall, and yes, making up for lost time with my post!!!   The jubilee jitters, I am sure I will eventually calm back down...after 3rd night:}!!!!!

Cant help but to be overjoyed by Jubilee.   Cant help that I miss sweaty hugs, pre and post conversations, learning more about many of you, and from many of you learn more about the music!!!!!   

• Forum MVP

dance party - If Only Tonight We Could Sleep-> Blues for Allah. Muse's Uprising . The Funereal . Hallelujah. Float On Modest Mouse, Radioactive - Marty has a new move called Icing the Cupcake.

Did u start your jubilee early?

If by starting early you mean havi g no responsibilities other than to fun and myself, enjoying the sunshine and a little reggae- yes. If you mean throwing down dancing hard to psychedelic music, no.

I should add Milky Chance Stolen Dancr to that play list. My favorite of the year since January.

Jubilee Confessions: Episode 1

I've never sat through the Wailers set at the Jubilee. Its great background music. The first year they were at the jubilee I got free tickets to see them in Lexington just a few nights prior to the Jubilee, so I did see them, just not at the festival.

• Forum MVP

Hmm. So this is their 3rd year? All I know is I've seen 11 2/3 DSO shows at jubilee. That last 1/3 canceled due to weather stung. Does a dark star crashing in another galaxy make a sound? We will never know. Did they play that dark star encore in another dimension? Likely.

• Forum MVP

I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable. I know it once made me feel that way. Don't worry they get a show. I want the scene I'm in to be a place where we can all feel comfortable to have an experience.

People have Employment or Other valid Reasons for NOT BEING VIDEOTAPED! Can y'all Respect this?

You never know where video will show up and you can't control if someone wants to out of ignorance, egotistical reasons, etc put a place and timestamp on video and post it here or on facebook.

What don't you get about this???

On a lighter note- One NYE show I was having great time and notice these three girls videotaping me so I asked them to please stop. I told them I've been "Wanted" in 15 States for the last 20 years and will spend the rest of my life in prison if they ever catch up to me.

They stopped immediately and with cautious fear whispered between themselves while sneaking glances my way.

I danced over to them and told them not to worry it was nothing violent...

• Forum MVP

I haven't seen Marley... I am sure he does his own thing. Does he play some of his father's songs, too?

My favorite - Sun is Shining

Sun is shining, the weather is sweet, yeah

Make you wanna move your dancing feet now

To the rescue, here I am

Want you to know, y'all, can you understand?

When the mornin' gather the rainbow, yeah, yeah

Want you to know, I'm a rainbow too now

To the rescue, here I am

Want you to know, y'all, can you, can you, can you understand?

• Forum MVP

Like Brian said. Showing up on Tosh.0 and becoming an Internet dancing sensation for the wrong reason could be life changing and possibly not in a good way. You may get invites to local bands and free cover in hopes that you break out those moves. Some of us may get dances named after us like the Mr Miagi which wouldn't be cool either.

• Forum MVP

Like Brian said. Showing up on Tosh.0 and becoming an Internet dancing sensation for the wrong reason could be life changing and possibly not in a good way. You may get invites to local bands and free cover in hopes that you break out those moves. Some of us may get dances named after us like the Mr Miagi which wouldn't be cool either.

I already got a cease and desist from the PR flacks representing Ralph Maggio.

• Forum MVP

...... I told them I've been "Wanted" in 15 States for the last 20 years and will spend the rest of my life in prison if they ever catch up to me.

They stopped immediately and with cautious fear whispered between themselves while sneaking glances my way.....

Don't murder me

I beg of you don't murder me

Please

don't murder me

• Forum MVP

Brian has a way of making you think he is for reals. He got me.to step back one night and ponder myself. Fortunatley, pranksters tend to be good actors, and the layers reveal a kinder soul than a evil life sucker. Your actually one of those people I now internally refer to as show givers. Some people give all they have, but want to give more, while others sit, talk, hoop and hollow to songs not even known. These people are show suckers.

I prefer show givers, the suckers, well, they just suck!!!!!

I am really starting to loose my control. Common sense, and finally getting ahead financially stopped me from hopping in a car with Cassidy to get the next 4 shows!!

Jubilee is the prize, keep the eye on it!!!

For you rug lovers, I just inherited two high quality rugs from a too well to do women!! If space allows, I will be expanding you barefooted crazies dancing area significantly. Although I find alternatives for my space, and preclude myself from these rug cats space, I celebrate their efforts and recognize their contributions to the scene. A contrabution that extends beyond my birth, so it is my honor to offer those before my dance, more unimpeded space to dance!!!

Honestly, nothing makes me smile more than seeing men and women 20 years older than me, make kids 20 years younger than me look like out of shape fools!!!

The odds Vegas will out dance 99% of the 20 year olds is about 110%. Never bet against old school...learn, appreciate, and reveal in those before you. They are the reason this stuff is still going...it gets passed down through generations, a life changing keepsake!!

If your at jubilee, and you see some of these people, shake a strangers hand and tell them thanks for moving it further!!!

Archived