A band I saw last night

Rude

• Forum MVP
21 hours ago, LangeradoSoul said:

I got Covid from the Jubilee and then passed it to my family, so that’s about as exciting as it’s been for me. Looking forward to more shows soon 

I got it at caverns….missed jubilee…so disappointing.

• Sad (neutral) 3

• Forum MVP
On 6/9/2022 at 6:19 PM, LangeradoSoul said:

I got Covid from the Jubilee and then passed it to my family, so that’s about as exciting as it’s been for me. Looking forward to more shows soon 

i think half the country has had covid in the last 3 weeks. Everyone’s doing home tests so the official numbers are way lower than in the days where you did drive thru testing. 

order your 8 free tests here. It’s a simple auto fill form. 

https://special.usps.com/testkits

Ardmore Music Hall tonight with Unlimited Devotion: A Grateful Dead Celebration. All contributions from tonight's stream will benefit
The Rex Foundation + Wavy Gravy's Camp Winnarainbow. Donate via the Venue’s Business Account Venmo: @AMH_23
⚡️LINEUP ⚡️
Melvin Seals
Steve Kimock
John Kadlecik
Jennifer Hartswick (Trey Anastasio Band)
Ron Holloway (Warren Haynes, Dizzy Gillespie)
Dan "Lebo" Lebowitz (ALO)
Reed Mathis (Billy & The Kids)
Leslie Mendelson
Splintered Sunlight
John Kimock (Mike Gordon)
Matt Butler (Everyone Orchestra)
& More

Left the house at 5:00p arrived home at 4:20a.  Quite the session, a good time was had by all

286170909_5336253239728117_5842017722394761489_n.jpg

Edited by Billy DeLyon
  • Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

22/06/10  In Dead Nation  The Still,  Timonium,  MD

Jack Straw, The Weight, Midnight Moonlite, Althea,

Stagger Lee, Big River, Mr. Charlie, So Many Roads,

Good Lovin'>La Bamba>Good Lovin'.

Box of Rain, Feel Like A Stranger, Schoolgirl*,

Race Is On*, Eyes of the World, China Cat Sunflower>

I Know You Rider, Watchtower>New Speedway Boogie,

Morning Dew.

Lovelight*, Last Time, Ramble On Rose, Ripple.

* w/ Lou on harmonica.

The Dave Jacobsen Retirement Party delivers on 

all levels of emotion.  An amazing guitarist and 

wonderful person sails off into the sunset with

an epic performance in front of a  deep rainbow

of lovely people in the Baltimore Dead Head 

community.  I found Dave in 2018 and missed

few performances, Lou on harmonica had played

with Dave in different bands for 30 years.

Jack Straw just kills as a opener.  Althea and

Mr. Charlie first set stand outs.  Stranger rocks,

Eyes>China>Rider wicked triad.  Third set a

gravy boat, and all delivered flawlessly. 

The loving family feel between all in the crowd

and the band a real special treat. So glad I made It.

Love you Dave.

Praise DSO. 

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

Luke and I did the Trey solo acoustic opener in Louisville. Iroquois was barely half full. Was kinda surprised. We got super cheap tix off CoT an hour and a half before show. It was a fun little set. Trey said last time phish played Louisville was ‘95, and after the turnout he had I don’t see that changing. Lol

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Dead duck said:

Luke and I did the Trey solo acoustic opener in Louisville. Iroquois was barely half full. Was kinda surprised. We got super cheap tix off CoT an hour and a half before show. It was a fun little set. Trey said last time phish played Louisville was ‘95, and after the turnout he had I don’t see that changing. Lol

i was at that show. Was a few months after Jerry died and was seeing if they could fill the void. I hated the setlist. It wasn’t dancy and happy. That was last time I saw phish until 2019. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Brian Blade fellowship at the Jazz Kitchen

Second Show.
Stoner Hill
Landmarks 
Shenandoah 
Her friends call her Dot
Farewell Bluebird 

dang. Wowzah. Beauty. Ecstasy. Higher ground. Over  the moon. 

so happy I had the luxury of experiencing THAT!!

the first shownwas a poignant introduction live. 

• Forum MVP

Billy Strings for the Win.  Absolute Fire 🔥 last nite in Cary, NC.  For the uninitiated, Cary stands for:  Containment Area for Relocated Yankees.  Venue = Good! 11p Curfew = Bad

I’ve seen him a handful of times and my jaw still hits the floor every time he gets going.

SET 1
  • Fire on My Tongue  
  • Bronzeback
  • Hellbender
  • Sadie What a Lady  
  • Everything's the Same
  • Away From the Mire
  • Long Forgotten Dream
  • Rank Stranger  
  • Doin' Things Right
  • Southern Flavor  
  • Dealing Despair
  • Home
SET 2
  • Tom Dooley  
  • On the Line
  • Nothing's Working
  • The Streamlined Cannonball  
  • Taking Water
  • Running
  • Train, Train  
  • Watch It Fall
  • West Dakota Rose  
  • Secrets
  • Planet Caravan  
  • Wargasm
ENCORE
  • And Am I Born to Die?  
  • Run Down  
  • Willin'  
  • Don't Let Your Deal Go Down  
  • Like (+1) 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
Rode up the interstate to catch this…

Hyryder @ The Bluebird 7/8/22 Bloomington, IN
Set 1
Bertha> Good Lovin', Walkin' Blues, Built to Last, Picasso Moon, They Love Each Other, King Solomon’s Marbles, Tennessee Jed, Cassidy, Promontory Rider> Let It Grow
Set 2
Cryptical Envelopment> I Need a Miracle> Cryptical Envelopment> Jam> The Other One> Cryptical Envelopment> Foolish Heart> Drums/Space> Cream Puff War> Turn On Your Love Light, Morning Dew, Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad
E. Easy Wind

Marbles, Promontory, and Cryptically double decker stood out.
Just a college bar…saw DSO there many times.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

The bluebird. So the first time I saw DSO there and it may have been only time although I think I did make it back once or twice after that but Frank and I were on DSO tour. We pull into town and show says it 21 and over. I'm 21. Frank well he just 20. I head to a bar across the street from the venue with a friend. Frank he heads into the venues bathroom. He proceeds to spend 4 hours in a bathroom stall. The lights go down in the venue and Frank emerges from the bathroom. Makes it through the whole show no problem. Man I'm getting old. What fun we had.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, 2muchfun said:
Rode up the interstate to catch this…

Hyryder @ The Bluebird 7/8/22 Bloomington, IN
Set 1
Bertha> Good Lovin', Walkin' Blues, Built to Last, Picasso Moon, They Love Each Other, King Solomon’s Marbles, Tennessee Jed, Cassidy, Promontory Rider> Let It Grow
Set 2
Cryptical Envelopment> I Need a Miracle> Cryptical Envelopment> Jam> The Other One> Cryptical Envelopment> Foolish Heart> Drums/Space> Cream Puff War> Turn On Your Love Light, Morning Dew, Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad
E. Easy Wind

Marbles, Promontory, and Cryptically double decker stood out.
Just a college bar…saw DSO there many times.

we saw you there. Well we saw the fb stream with you on it lol

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, Rude said:

we saw you there. Well we saw the fb stream with you on it lol

That show was an absolute stunner - 2nd set especially!  While I merely streamed it - X-Factor draped all over that performance

1 minute ago, Tea said:

That show was an absolute stunner 

The other stunner was the crowd doing a mild shuffle when they got it cranked up.  Head-Bob don’t cover it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Billy Strings Friday night in Indy. Average show in a super packed Amphitheater where they had the house lights on all through the show. Boo. I'll tell you when he hits it hard; however, this was not the show. For one thing he's bringing on a violin player who has to add his lead to each song. And the violin takes up a pretty big space in the sonic world. All good except we didn't get as much banjo as we used to and Billy Failing is a bango player extraordinare. Dark Star was lingering all around the show, but he didn't make it happen. A lot of people around me were hearing it we were all hoping it would be a night full of diamonds. Also was looking for the HSF. Not to be.  Almost seemed like Mr. Apostle mail it in which is not BMFS standards. Just saying. It's all fairly new as he's only 29, so there are years of development ahead. Billy stayed on stage long after the show acknowledging the audience after the house turned on music to stop. He still appreciates the magic of an audience. DSO knows this as well. They've been at it for 24 years. Hoping for some upcoming midwest shows to take my dollar.

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP

I feel like we saw different shows. 🤣😆 We stayed up top for space and sound and hung round in front of the VIP tent. Luke said he liked Friday's show over all 3 from Louisville. I thought that was a little much, but had a great time and didn’t leave disappointed in the least. The Fiddler feels to me like a perfect fit. Boys went back Saturday with friends but I stayed home for BCE in New Albany (basically Louisville) which was in an awesome little outdoor venue. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
12 minutes ago, Dead duck said:

I feel like we saw different shows. 🤣😆 We stayed up top for space and sound and hung round in front of the VIP tent. Luke said he liked Friday's show over all 3 from Louisville. I thought that was a little much, but had a great time and didn’t leave disappointed in the least. The Fiddler feels to me like a perfect fit. Boys went back Saturday with friends but I stayed home for BCE in New Albany (basically Louisville) which was in an awesome little outdoor venue. 

I too caught BCE at The Enchanted Forest. Cute tree populated outdoor venue in the midst of urban sprawl shared with brewery.

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

Roger Waters was too heavy on the radio hits. Did get an enjoyable The Powers That Be from the Radio KAOS album into The Bravery of Being Out of Range. Way up high are the best seats for this in the round production. Very Bloodyband gory. It was a good show,. go run and see.. definitely his last run , just wish he did only solo material. Fortunately no drunken screamers near us

• Like (+1) 2