Rocky Mountain GD review 1/14/21-1/17/21 Cervantes, Denver

• Forum MVP

Rob Eaton 

rob barraco

skip vangelas

jay lane 

John Kadlecik 

Jake Wolf 

1/14-1/17. 2 shows per night-early and late show. 

2 tops $250+ fews

4 tops $500+ fees

6 tops $750 + fess

if you want to see both early and late double those prices. Ouchies. There’s also the risk that these get shut down because of indoor seating. KY just shut down indoor dining and bars starting tomorrow......

Eaton and JK on the stage together again. I’m betting Eaton at -180 money line and also betting the under as its currently set at 1.5 rounds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, BillK522 said:

I would hope all could play nice, 

and respect the music.

Sounds like a great lineup with

potential to produce interesting

shows.

Paging MC?

Praise DSO.

If I didn’t make a joke about it, you’d have to assume I was hacked and would soon be posting how to cancel a flight on Tehran Airlines. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I’m also posting while driving. We are in Thursday late night. Sunday early show. Still trying to work on other nights but sold quickly and expensive. But either way. Glad to have some music coming and this is a great group of musicians  excited 

Looks like we are in for Saturday too. Not sure early or late but thanks to a good friend that comes round these parts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Billk grab us a table for Friday then I will have one each night. Haha

Not gonna be able to help you on that one,

but well done working your way in so far.

No doubt your networking ability will get

you and Whitney into the remaining shows. 

Miss you both, stay safe.

Praise DSO.

• Forum MVP

Well I don’t post much but feel I should say something here!. we musicians, stage hands, sound and light designers etc have been hit harder economically then most people.We have a capacity of 480 people spread out over 8 shows. We need to pay bills and now unemployment is dried up and we are asking for support from 480 people to help us get through March... it’s depressing to see how fast some people forget that others may be suffering more. 

peace

Rob Eaton

PS) 1/2 the tickets sold in 6 hours from going on sale.. and we all thank those who bought tickets and are helping us survive 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

I totally agree with Eaton. I think some of the feedback about the price is ridiculous. This isn’t for everyone but when the venue is only a quarter full, if that, of course ticket prices are going to be high. If you can’t afford, you don’t go. We all can’t wait for normalcy again and tours and lots of shows. I believe that day will come again. Hopefully by summer. Love it it happened sooner. This situation has been hard on lots of people financially. Musicians, their crews, venue crews, and venues themselves have been some of the hardest hit. I have friends who have lost their small businesses because of shut downs. Whitney has been in and out of work as a waitress during Covid. Shuts downs effecting restaurants and their employees big time. I just think it’s wrong for anyone to try to make these musicians feel that their in the wrong for trying to bring some people a music respecting the current restrictions from the government and charging a price of which they can make a small part of their living. I assure you no one getting rich off these 8 shows, except for maybe those receiving them. We may get rich with that magic and love that only the music of the GD can provide. Sure is a great group of players. 

I’m excited to be in for 3. I hope I pick up some more between now and then. I’m glad to help support these guys. They’ve done a lot for me. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
8 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I totally agree with Eaton. I think some of the feedback about the price is ridiculous. This isn’t for everyone but when the venue is only a quarter full, if that, of course ticket prices are going to be high. If you can’t afford, you don’t go. We all can’t wait for normalcy again and tours and lots of shows. I believe that day will come again. Hopefully by summer. Love it it happened sooner. This situation has been hard on lots of people financially. Musicians, their crews, venue crews, and venues themselves have been some of the hardest hit. I have friends who have lost their small businesses because of shut downs. Whitney has been in and out of work as a waitress during Covid. Shuts downs effecting restaurants and their employees big time. I just think it’s wrong for anyone to try to make these musicians feel that their in the wrong for trying to bring some people a music respecting the current restrictions from the government and charging a price of which they can make a small part of their living. I assure you no one getting rich off these 8 shows, except for maybe those receiving them. We may get rich with that magic and love that only the music of the GD can provide. Sure is a great group of players. 

I’m excited to be in for 3. I hope I pick up some more between now and then. I’m glad to help support these guys. They’ve done a lot for me. 

yeah I totally agree, MC!

When I had heard that there would be just 60 tickets per show I actually figured prices would be quite a bit higher per person than they are to make it all work. These numbers of attendees are more like a private party and so besides helping to support the musicians and crew get through a challenging time, you are paying for a chance to see these guys play in an unusually intimate environment without being packed into tight spots. Sounds like a memorable run of music will be created. I’m assuming yes, there will be a stream which is another way to participate and support the music 😀.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
12 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

What else are y’a  going to do these days and spend money on more worthwhile ? .. nah, How fun to get outta town and shake it out. It’s been since September for me.  What else to spend money on? 

Well, there is always a good teeth cleaning. 

Teeth cleanings and Trump’s Gold MAGA designer diapers “Designed specially for nannies”. All profits will go to trumps 2021 alternate inauguration as the president of rural America or as we all know it, “real America”. If it weren’t for those pesky kids who gave women and blacks the right to vote, my plan would have worked. 

There are no more 2  or 4 person table  tickets available for any show,  but plenty of 6 person table tickets available for every show except 2 of 8 sold out. 

maybe they will split up these 6’s into more consumable tickets , like three 2’s or a 4 and 2...

PM me if you want to join our group of 2 and four for different shows 

Finding 5 friends seems challenging.

Bob E ,  can u split some tables up for us?

thanks 

• Forum MVP
On 11/23/2020 at 9:48 PM, LIkeEveryOne said:

There are no more 2  or 4 person table  tickets available for any show,  but plenty of 6 person table tickets available for every show except 2 of 8 sold out. 

maybe they will split up these 6’s into more consumable tickets , like three 2’s or a 4 and 2...

PM me if you want to join our group of 2 and four for different shows 

Finding 5 friends seems challenging.

Bob E ,  can u split some tables up for us?

thanks 

Count me in if I could swoop in for a couple of these by joining such a group

• Forum MVP
On 11/18/2020 at 5:29 PM, Rude said:

Rob Eaton 

rob barraco

skip vangelas

jay lane 

John Kadlecik 

Jake Wolf 

Eaton and JK on the stage together again. I’m betting Eaton at -180 money line and also betting the under as its currently set at 1.5 rounds.

Politics and pandemics make for strange bedfellows....

Looks promising for me to catch a couple of these.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shows have been postponed until Feb 25-28! Super easy re scheduling flights. I guess that's another reason to be grateful during these times with covid taking over. No hassle at all with JetBlue, and I rescheduled (now twice) with the credit from cancelled shows last March in NC! 

I'll also have the chance, as an RN, to be fully vaccinated with both doses by these new dates... If I am brave enough.

Stay safe everyone and I hope everyone who could make it next week, can make the new dates happen! 

✌❤💙

I tried to add the screenshot of the update but file too large. Check the cervantes page for info. 

https://cervantesmasterpiece.com/

Edited by NorthEast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1