Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Recently anything from 79 with Brent has been blowing me away. Love the freshness of the sound. Still has that late 70s feel except with all of the fun new keyboard and organ sounds that Brent provides. listening to 11-25-79 currently...

Jack Straw, Tennessee Jed, Me & My Uncle-> Big River, Loser, Minglewood Blues, Easy To Love You, Althea, Lost Sailor-> Saint Of Circumstance-> Deal Shakedown Street-> Bertha, Looks Like Rain, He's Gone-> The Other One-> Drums-> Truckin'-> Stella Blue-> Good Lovin', E: Johnny B. Goode

The Other One just explodes out of He's Gone. Shakedown features all kinds of cool synthesizer sounds...

I'm in agreement with all, fall '79 rocks! I know you and I have talked about it, found. Jerry and Brent just played so well together! Although Pigpen is easily my favorite keyboard/organ player for the GD, I thought Brent and Jerry were just meant for each other musically. Both really shined with consistent great back-and-forth jamming between the two. It was also refreshing to have such strong keyboard work after Keith's weak and spotty later years.

• Forum MVP

So I wake up this morning to hear 11-19-05 Philadelphia DSO playing. Was a 11-14-73 recreation and they said rob k was coming out to do relief drums on the encore. Then they said we also have a relief bass player coming out skip vangellas. Eaton said he's splayed with us b4 so "he's legit really". Just thought this was sort of funny.

• Forum MVP

Nice cold rainy morning today so I deceided to play some music on the road to work other than usual NPR news. I haven't listened to any stright up, on the rocks, Grateful Dead shows in a while so I pulled something at random from that area of the long shelf of disks....... 10-14-1977 Houston came up... a set of three disks that one of you guys gave me. The nice slow "Friend of the Devil" is so beautiful. I swear that 400 years from now people will be thinking about this music just like people now days talk about Mozat or Beethoven.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

Boise State University on 1983-09-02https://archive.org/details/gd83-09-02.sbd.unk.2174.sbeok.shnf

Relentless pace - So juiced

Very nice cowboy set first set. LLR and Deal seal it up tight.

Bob's voice sounds great this recording. right around those first Red Rocks shows>leading in the Santa few dew?

• Forum MVP

Voice mail at work.

SBD or Matrix? :)

2/17/79 > Donna and Keith's last show.  I really like where Brent was come the fall, but this one was off the hook - irrespective of the Godchaux swan song.  Really, really spirited.  It just blasts outta the gate and goes white-hot immediately.  It's not without a wart or 2 but it still ranks for 1979.

https://archive.org/details/gd1979-02-17.sbd.scotton-miller.88123.flac16

• Forum MVP

Id be more concerned if the guy who took the balls to the bathroom washed his hands after. The QBs are always licking their fingers b4 a play. U would hate to have some nasty bacteria on tbe balls.

• Forum MVP

Matrix. I like to hear the ambient room sound on the other end.

Every day is media day on the Forums. Your contract states appearances are waived until tour starts. Hope it doesn't kick off with another snowpocalypse and two states are shut down for 6 inches of slush.

All balls probably have some bad growth.

Archived