Mountains Of The Moon
Dark Star>
St. Stephen>
The Eleven>
Lovelight>
Caution Jam>
Lovelight

• Forum MVP

Night 3. At a siding played. Guessing 1st time DSO played this. My head almost exploded. Full terrapin suite. I always wondered why the dead didnt play this and after hearing DSO crush it like they have played it for years, I'm still wondering why the dead didn't really play it. It was so much fun. Looked at all the knowledgeable guys around me and we all knew this was a monumental moment and that we had just experienced something very rare. Hard to think what song could be bigger for a 1st time played than the whole terrapin suite. (assuming I'm right on 1st time)

• Forum MVP

Night 3. At a siding played. Guessing 1st time DSO played this. My head almost exploded. Full terrapin suite. I always wondered why the dead didnt play this and after hearing DSO crush it like they have played it for years, I'm still wondering why the dead didn't really play it. It was so much fun. Looked at all the knowledgeable guys around me and we all knew this was a monumental moment and that we had just experienced something very rare. Hard to think what song could be bigger for a 1st time played than the whole terrapin suite. (assuming I'm right on 1st time)

Glad for all my friends experiencing a "monumental moment"...how I wish

As for Penneypolooza (don' t ask) lol, I guess as DSO was blowing you guys to smithereens I was at spouses annual family reunion and in honor of you all, when it was my time at karaoke I left the "crowd" dazed and confused with what I thought was a riveting rendition of

Big River-->Werewolves of London (I always choose songs which were covered by the worlds greatest cover band so I never have to look at the word screen).

Safe travels lucky ones and will of course see many of you...on the run

• Forum MVP

What a superb weekend! Dark Star Jubilee is an outstanding festee with a peaceful and relaxing vibe and the best music! I want to thank DSO, their crew (the best crew on earth!), and all the people who worked so hard to make DSJ such an excellent experience. If you weren't there this weekend, I highly recommend that you start now to make whatever arrangements you have to make to be there next year. Ahhhh! Love that fest!

• Forum MVP

I concur......fantastic weekend all around. Blessed weather, mellow camping scene, at least in the VIP area ;)

Kind, kind folks everywhere. Not a balloon in sight......yay!

And the music......oh my.......

• Forum MVP

The night sky was so pretty in the west up over the tree line. Only haze was from all the smoke: campfires, cigarettes. I enjoyed watching the crescent moon progress between Venus positioned below Caspar and Pollux, Jupiter, and Regulus, also known as the Lion's Heart.

Truly a beautiful place.

• Forum MVP

Didn't see or hear of any acts of hooliganism. Super friendly people. Road in and out didn't even seem as bad. Didn't hear of any road horror stories. Just an A++ weekend.

Now back to work and life

• Forum MVP

As I wake up from a 14 hour slumber with major stiff muscles I was just reflecting on the weekend. I met probably 8 forum guys I had never met b4. Had a blast dancing and hanging with the rug people. So much love in that area!! We had easily the best camping spot in the whole jubilee. We had a 60' tarp wall and the fencing to VIP that gave us a completely isolated 40x60' area. We forgot we were even around 3k other people. I was with the best group of guys I could imagine. Not a bit of negativity the whole time. Packing out my dolly overturns and Nick is there in a cart and gives me a long lift to the car that saves me. It was the 1st time I'd chatted with him and what a super guy!!! I mean the whole weekend was perfect, poison ivy notwithstanding. Easily my favorite jubilee yet.

just a great time. amazing neighbors, excellent conversations, made a bunch of new friends. sunday night stella blue just the perfect end to a perfect weekend.

on a different note, if anyone is in the upstate south Carolina area over july 4th weekend, we are gonna stream and grill and all that poolside for the weekend. got a big house and a decent amount of space to throw up a tent, or a camper.

• Forum MVP

What a fantastic weekend!  I'm not usually at a loss for words but I find myself having a difficult time summoning the words that will do the experience justice.  While everyone's expereince can be uniquely their own, many of my feelings have been echoed already.

First Night:         DANCE Party marathon. My eggs?  Totally and completely scrambled.  I guess I liked them way over-cooked this time

Second Night:    Psychic/Sonic Meltdown/Next Level.  Absolute monster and deserves legendary status in my eyes

Third Night:        Excellent, Diverse, with some VERY nice surprises

The company I was blessed to keep was world class.  Good -no- GREAT people to the core - nothing but superlatives describe who you all are.  I'm humbled to know you all and am lucky to have met a few more. 

Our Jubilee compound was a sight to behold!!!  Right under that sprawling tree at a fork in the road with so much room to stretch out and relax!  It was freaking perfect :)

Still decompressing.  It's a very busy week at work/home with less time for reflection than I want.  Once I've had a chance to process everything, the details will crystalize and emerge.  For now:  Just some of the best musical experiences I've ever had with some really amazing people!  My cup runneth over. 

• Forum MVP

I set up with my 2 boys in the area that was a picnic area last year. This year as it turns out we were camped right smack next to the late night fire jugglers and dancers. No big deal though and was even kind of cool if it weren't for the remixed up dead tunes. What they did to shakedown and Casey jones made me want to cry.

The first band Friday had road trouble and couldn't make it, causing them to throw a band together with guys from the back consisting of eaton and son, RB (and son possibly), and others and playing an unrehearsed set that killed.

RB was a madman sitting in all over the place all weekend. Jeff and Robert Randolph sat in with Los Lobos for some stellar jamming at the end of their set.

My 12 yr old called the 69 from the setup alone and I got to watch him drop knowledge on a couple that could have been at the original. Citing the different instruments. The lady tried to stump him pointing out Lisa's mic and he quickly explained she would only be there to play the harmonica tonight. I could tell they were amazed and I couldn't help but to Have a proud dad moment.

Disco pizza, Clean port o jons, and only saw 2 cars pulled over all the way out of Ohio. Usually hit that mark by the next exit. Just a perfect experience.

Archived